Friday, January 30, 2009

He's Had a Rough Week



It started with getting a shot on Monday, but he's always been pretty tough; so all in all, it wasn't too bad. 

Then that night, he got a stomach bug (not pretty), and that carried on through Tuesday. 

And finally, the big event came yesterday...

He's playing with Elena in her room, when I hear him starting to cry. I start walking there to see what toy Elena has taken away from him, but then I hear the cry change into a hysterical, "I'm in pain" cry; I'm now running. I go in and see Elena pinning him down and shoving something into his ear. I get her off and take the object out if his ear.  It looks to be a piece of wicker, about twice as thick as a toothpick, and now with blood on the end of it. 

The next 30 minutes were long, but he finally calmed down.  I put in Peter Pan and he sat on the couch holding his little ear until we went to the doctor (the picture above). 

Looks like he's going to be just fine.  We're giving him ear drops that will prevent infection for the next week, but otherwise things are back to normal. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor sweet baby! It won't be long before he will be able to take up for himself, and he may have some catching up to do!
Gran

The Goods said...

Poor baby boy!

Sarah said...

ouch!! in a few years i bet it will be the other way around!

nate and liz said...

Sounds painful! I probably would have been hysterical myself! Hey, did I tell you about the time Audrey was trying to ride Slaeter like a horse! I stepped out of the room for literally 1 minute... and in that one minute she pounced on him and began to bounce on him! I seriously thought I was going to find his rib cage broken! Thankfully I didn't.
All I can say is thank the Lord boys are tough.

Ashley said...

oh, poor thing! Perhaps Elena will be an ear, nose, and throat doctor???? I love that you said you heard him cry and went to check, but then heard the "pain cry" and went running. I think it is so amazing how moms know those mad cries versus the "i'm in pain" ones.

Anonymous said...

That's why I made sure I was older than my sisters Linda Lisa, Lauri Anne, and Emmy Lu'. Sweet as they are, sometimes you just can't tr....