Monday, January 5, 2009

Save the Thrift Store!!!

I'm a big resale shopper when it comes to kids' stuff. So, I was pretty upset when I read this post on my sister-in-love's blog.

And here's another little article I found talking a little more about the effects on consignment stores. 


I do agree that there needs to be stricter accountability for toy manufacturers (here in the U.S. or those we import from abroad). Lead poisoning is a real danger to little kids. But I feel that this legislation is too broad to include clothing at consignment stores. I mean, does this mean no Craigslist? No Kid to Kid? No E-bay? My only option will be to go a retail store? Cha-ching! Cha-ching!


7 comments:

Gardiner Family said...

Bummer! Guess I need to go stock up this next month. I love Kid to Kid and was counting on them for clothes :-(

nate and liz said...

That is sooooooooo stupid! I don't shop at resale shops much anymore, but it is a larger issue than that. It is Democrats trying to get rid of the small business owner... I could rant and rave for hours! This is only the beginning... we've got to be vigilant, and active in protecting our rights. We have to decided what is important starting NOW!
~liz

nate and liz said...

Oh yeah... start tuning into Rush. He is awesome!
love ya!

Sarah said...

i'm so glad you blogged about this! i shop at kid to kid and kid junction all the time! how terriable for families that rely on stores like those for their kid's stuff.

Gardiner Family said...

Hmmm...I wonder what will happen to the Goodwill/ Salvation Army. This law seems sooo crazy.

Ashley said...

Seriously???????? This is terrible.

Anonymous said...

Vote! Obama's top 10 ideas of change!
http://www.change.org/ideas/view/save_handmade_toys_from_the_cpsia