Sunday, January 25, 2009

Celebrating Three Years

Sweet Elena turned three today! To celebrate we went with friends to Walker Ranch Park in the afternoon. I think she had a great time. My only regret is that we didn't take nearly as many pictures as I wanted. It's just so hard when you're the one orchestrating the activities to stop and remember to ge them. Sigh!

Possibly the biggest hit of the party was the bubble machine (alas, no pictures). This machine would blow bubbles about a foot in diameter that had multiple small bubbles inside!!! I highly recommend a bubble machine for toddler parties!

Inspired by my friend Liz and her girls' parties we also had a pinata! The pinata was shaped as an adorable ice cream cone. So if you hear Elena talk about the ice cream cone at her party - that's what she's referring to. 

"Look at all my candy!"
 She made out like a bandit - but I think her Aunt Patty and Daddy helped her.

You can see the pinata in the background.
 


This park is the flight path of most planes landing in San Antonio, so every 10 minutes or so you get a close up view of the planes - very entertaining!


Everyone paying close attention to the lighting of the candles

All this month she has talked and talked about how her friends were going to sing, "Happy Birthday" to her. And so how does she react when the big moment finally came? 




Thank you to all the friends that made her day so special!!!

1 comment:

nate and liz said...

Wish we could have been there! However, Mya is sure Elena will enjoy the card from us. =)

Oh yes, and I can just see us inspiring each other till death do us part. In the past it was, hair music, clothes, prom dresses, b-ball pep talks, brownies (you got me hooked!)... Now it's all about paint colors, cartoons cuts, and pinatas... I can't wait to see what it will be in our wiser years!

luv u!