Thursday, January 8, 2009

My Little Ballerina

Last summer, a friend of mine told me about a ballet class for little ones that is hosted by Oak Hills Church. The ladies that teach it view it as a ministry and emphasis that dancing is to be done to bring glory to God and they offer their time and expertise for free! Little girls can begin coming upon their 3rd birthday. So since she told me about it, I have been counting down the days 'til Elena could begin.  

I told Elena a couple months ago that she would take ballet classes when she turned three - and since then she has been going up to friends and strangers (checker at Target) and telling them, "When I get twee, I gonna do balwet!" Clearly she was looking forward to it. 

So today was a big day as this was her first class. Now, she doesn't turn 3 until the 25th, but we got clearance to begin - yay!



Showing off her skirt.



Learning how to stretch. Good grief, she looks so old there!




They practiced jumping with both feet together - bunny ears were a great incentive.



I'm afraid she became a little distracted by the ties on her shoes. Her teacher even tried to tuck them into her shoes, but she kept pulling them out. 



If any of you locals are interested you can check out the website/blog for Ballet Gloria at http://balletgloria.blogspot.com/

11 comments:

Ashley said...

I am so going to check this place out. Cara would love it! She is almost 4. Thanks for posting!

Ashley said...

by the way, I clicked on your link and it saying blogger not found. Hmmmm...

The Foglios said...

Aww! She looks so sweet! This is such an exciting time for you guys! We tried to join BalletGloria last year, but the times for 4's don't work with school:(

Amy said...

Okay the link should work now - sorry about that!

Abby said...

I love the second and third pictures especially.... definitely brings me back :)

Anonymous said...

She looks so grown up!

Kurt and Meg said...

I have never seen anything so precious...you even have the ballerina bun going on for her. I am going to keep having kids until I have a girl...even if it takes me 10 tries! ;)

Amy said...

Yes, we started with a bun, but if you notice in the last picture her hair totally fell apart!

Michelle said...

I can't stand how cute and grown up she looks. It will be so fun when Caroline gets to that age. They can dance together. Love you.

nate and liz said...

She looks so cute! I wish Mya could be there dancing with her! Does cailyn go as well? The fact that it is free is awesome!
love ya!
~liz

Mya was ranting and raving at how beautiful Elena looked and wants to pass on this message...

I love you so much! luv, Mya

Courtney said...

She looks absolutely precious! I can't belive she's 3 (or almost 3) when we first met you guys she wasn't even 1 yet! How time flys. But I'm sure you don't need reminding of that. :-D

I hope they are still around in a year and a half when Inara will be old enough. Call me whatever you want, but since we found out we were having a girl, I have been dreaming of a little ballerina. I never took dance myself but always wanted to learn ballet, maybe that's why. :-D