Tuesday, December 16, 2008

New York, New York - Part 2

As a first-time visitor, here are some things that really hit me while we were there.

-If you want Starbucks - just walk, you will hit one by the end of the block. And I thought they were everywhere here!

-Public restrooms are a gamble.

-There are so many foreign languages spoken all around you; I had no idea it was that diverse!

-Lots of "potty mouths"! Maybe people use profanity just as much here, and I just can't hear it because I travel from point A to point B in a car. 

-All the stores, not just major department stores, take their Christmas window displays VERY seriously. There were so many creative designs, that I took dozens of pictures. That will be my next post. 

-For being such a small island, Manhattan is so different one block to the next.

-The sun can be out all day, but it may never hit you because of the buildings (it also doesn't help that it's winter and so far north). 

No comments: