Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Elkins' Christmas

I've had so much fun reading about everyone's Christmas, but have meanwhile been delinquent in posting pictures from our own. 

This year we spent Christmas Eve and Christmas morning with my parents way over on the "East Side" :)  We joined them after attending the Christmas Eve service at church (of which Evan saw only 5 minutes of and then spent the remainder walking the halls). Once at my parents house, we ate dinner and then headed out to look at the Windcrest lights. Christmas lights in Windrest are a big deal, and they do not disappoint!


Just before bed, Elena and Evan gave Mace (my dad) the book, "The Night Before Christmas".  It was a family tradition for my dad's dad to recite that poem and read Luke 2 every Christmas Eve, so we had my dad follow through with that this year. 



After the kids went to bed, "Toy Assembly 2008" began. Whew! This was one of the many toys that required a screwdriver.



Evan really appreciated Daddy's efforts on setting up his car. He loves that thing!



Elena got a baby and all the gear that goes with one. 



Double the fun!



The birthday cake for Jesus was YUM!





A Very Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Erick Colaj said...

ustedes son una familia hermosa, me gustó mucho ver como pasaron la navidad.

Saludos desde Guatemala.

nate and liz said...

Hola chica! Feliz navidad y' prospero ano!

So, you like my fam huh? I guess that means you like your fam, because you are family girl! After 12-13 years of friendship... I love you like a sister.

I can't believe how much Evan has grown! I don't know why I still picture him crawling? And Elena and her baby -so cute! How wish we lived closer so our girlies could play together! We miss you terribly!

Have a wonderful day and Happy New Year!
Talk to you soon!
~liz

Austin and Ashley Evans said...

Could you have a more precious family?! LOVED all the pictures!

Anonymous said...

Good snaps Amy!