Friday, December 5, 2008

Have I Got News for You!


Ben and I got tickets to see Letterman while we're in New York!!! Hooray!

To get tickets you apply on their website, and then you just wait for someone from the show to call. We applied almost a month ago, and hadn't heard anything as of yesterday morning, so we were beginning to have doubts about getting in.  But, lo and behold, 4 o'clock yesterday afternoon, they called! 

When they call, they ask a trivia question about the show. But as luck would have it, I did not know the answer to the question! (Plot thickening - DUN, DUN, DUN!) Tears were forming as I began to think that I had single handedly dashed Ben's dream of getting into the show. I begged the guy to call Ben and ask him instead. He did, and Ben took care of it from there. Whew!

The icing on the cake is that Jerry Seinfeld is a guest that night. Giddy-up!

7 comments:

Gardiner Family said...

Awesome! Do you know what night it will be? I want to watch and see if we can spot you in the audience. What was the question by the way??

The Goods said...

what was the question?? Curious minds want to know! My luck I wouldn't know either and get frantic trying to figure it out! Seinfeld...LUCKY!

Amy said...

My question was, "What is the type of store Rupert (sp?) owns."

I said, "Uhh...a convenience store?" Pretty much the most vague an answer as you can give :) The answer was, "deli".

Ben's question was, "What color is the announcer's hair". That I could have answered - flaming red!

Oh and we'll be there next Thursday, the 11th.

Ashley said...

wow. How fun! I love Seinfeld. What a great thing to get to do! I tried to enter the K-Love contest since they were giving away a trip to NY, but alas, I did not get through. I would love to go one day.

Gardiner Family said...

If you could have phoned a friend I would have helped. I've been to Rupert's Deli in NY...you should go there on your trip! It is very close to the CBS studio.

Austin and Ashley Evans said...

So excited for you!! Have fun!
And LOVE the amount of eggs you ate! Made me giggle! :) Eggs were months 3-4 craving :)

Austin and Ashley Evans said...

Youre sweet! I made it on scrapblog.com If you sign up for an account there are tons of templetes or you can make your own. You'd be great at it!