Monday, July 13, 2009

Ouch!

Take a good look at that last picture of Elena in the previous post, because it might be awhile before her little forehead is no longer black and blue. Tonight she was sitting at our kitchen table near the windows. I had stepped out of the kitchen, but was now coming back in. As I crossed the threshold I saw her falling head first from her chair and nailing the corner of the windowsill with her head. It took me no more than two seconds to get to her, but by the time I picked her up she had an enormous goose egg forming. 

She is not happy about me putting an ice pack on her head.





Now, a couple hours after the fall, her bump has gone down and she is quite her chipper self. 


We are so thankful that the corner missed her eye. Thank you Lord!

7 comments:

Abby said...

Man, those pictures are hard to look at.... I hope she wakes up feeling ok tomorrow! Tell her that I'll have her purple balloon waiting for her this Saturday :)

Sarah said...

ouch! that breaks my heart! poor lady!

Ashley said...

Cara had one of those a few months ago. It was so scary to look at!! I was debating on taking her to the emergency room, but after watching her for a few hours, she was fine. Poor baby!

The Foglios said...

POOR Elena:-( Hope she gets better soon...we miss you guys.

Robert and Heidi Stevener said...

Wow, that was quite the bump! I am impressed as to how brave she is! I would be crying like a baby!!!

Anonymous said...

Somehow I missed this entry until just now...poor sweet baby:( She does look much better in the final picture.
Gran

The Shepard Girls said...

O MY GOOD GRACIOUS! Poor baby!