Monday, July 20, 2009

Evan (and Laney) Wuz Here

Our kids have been very territorial lately... and a little "street".  The ruffians keep tagging our furniture! I need to put a call into our councilwoman to report this outbreak of vandalism.


Look at that innocent resident - crazed by the destruction taking place all around him.


So the backstory here is that Evan started painting the side of our couch with a blue crayon just hours before we left town on Thursday. Elena finished the job with red and pink crayons a few hours after our return home. The funny thing was that when Evan first saw Elena's addition to his work, he furrowed his brow and said, "Oh NO!", like he was truly upset someone had ruined his masterpiece. Anyways, I thought it was funny, but I'm also grasping for humor in this situation.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Addison got the wall, her slide, the swing, her shopping cart, etc. a couple of months ago with a blue crayon. Funny thing is that I didn't even notice it until a few days later. Needless to say, crayons are now a supervised toy! Hope it comes out of the couch - Jon is just going to have to paint the wall again!

Marty said...

Your Honor I object! Am I supposed to believe that both parents saw Evan mark the couch and did nothing? Hardly plausible. IF they did not see it, then how do they know Evan did it? Listen to Evan's own testimony at how shocked he was to see this damage. If not Evan, then who? Your honor my attention is drawn the individual sitting ON the sofa. I ask you, who has the greater track record of destruction? Who has been found over and over to be guilty of this kind of mischief? Who has the record of REPEAT offender. Yes Your Honor, I point to the one with the smirking smile in this picture. There is your man!