Monday, July 20, 2009

It Was Bound to Happen at Some Point


I mean, what girl hasn't done this in her childhood? Why, just last week I was picking up my kids from the gym nursery and overheard a mother moaning about her daughter performing this very act. I'm talking about the DIY haircut.

Yes, tonight was the night where inspiration met opportunity for Elena, and she cut away at her locks with all the diligence a 3 year old possesses.

She had been in bed, quiet I might add, for about an hour. Then out of the blue I hear, "Mommy come see!" I was shocked that she was awake, but more shocked to walk in and see this pile of hair on the floor.  


The ironic thing is that I had been looking for these "child-safe" scissors today and could not find them anywhere. Elena later explained to me that they were in her purse *Ahh of course, her purse...*

I know, I know, you're wanting to see a picture of the haircut. We felt that it would send mixed messages if we were asking her to pose with her new do, while simultaneously scolding her for her choices, so that picture will have to wait. (Thankfully, she mainly got the back top layer so it's not extremely noticeable) 



May all your crayons be washable and your scissors hidden. Good-night!

9 comments:

Susan said...

Oh my...I was just bragging on Elena to my prayer group. She was so good this weekend...I guess she saved it all up for today!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the new do!! I've always heard it wasn't a matter of if but when!

mark said...

Yep, kids do these things (perhaps it's God's way of building character in parents by reminding them of what's important). Not much to do about it but to try to control access to scissors (and crayons).

Anonymous said...

I was about that age when I cut my hair, and so was Melinda:)
Elena has such beautiful hair I hate to think of her butchering it...but I want to see it!
Gran

Sarah said...

MUST SEE A PICTURE!!!

Michelle said...

Alright give her something cute to wear and take a picture.

Robert and Heidi Stevener said...

How funny!!! I had kids in my class do that! I can't wait to see her new hair-do!

Gardiner Family said...

When I saw the picture of her hair on the floor I ghasped. I'm sure she is still beautiful.

Ashley said...

Oh no! I know that feeling! After almost 8 years of avoiding such things, I discovered hair pieces in my trashcan. When confronted with a large amount of hair in my hand as evidence, they denied it. I was like, "look it's right here"!. Then, Cate said it was Cara's. Kinda hard being Cara's since it was blond! Can't wait to see the "new do".