Monday, November 30, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree

In other news, part of this weekend was spent decorating for Christmas. Before we put any ornaments on the tree we had the kids open new ornaments for this year. In previous years I've done a cross-stich ornament for each of them, but reality is choking out that dream of doing one-per-kid-per-year so we went the store-bought route (which really opens up the door to some cute options!)

Oh the anticipation!


Elena "helping" her brother - isn't she sweet?




A "Joy" ornament for our Elena Joy.


A dump truck for our little man.


An affection growing for the dump truck.
(My precious...)


"If you think you are going to pry this ornament from my kung-fu grip you are CRAZY!"


And it has yet to make it on the tree. Maybe next year.

4 comments:

Kristin =) said...

oooo, I really like this idea! We give Adrianna a new ornament every year but she gets it ON Christmas. I think I'll wrap it early and send it so she can put it on the tree for this year=)

The Hvass Family said...

LOL! Amy, I agree with Kristin...it is a great tradition....but you are HILARIOUS! I love to read your blog!

Sarah said...

what a cute idea! love evans expressions.

Anonymous said...

The pictures are adorable...and I find I'm not really surprised at Evan's attitude toward putting his dump truck on the tree!
Gran