Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Birthday Party that Almost Wasn't

HOORAY! We did it! We celebrated Evan's 2nd birthday!

Now, as a reminder Evan turned 2 on October 8th. His original party was cancelled when the move was scheduled for the same weekend, and we've just been waiting for the dust to settle ever since.

Well, I finally picked a time (this past Friday) and a place (Orsinger Park) and alerted his friends. We've been having beautiful weather and I was anticipating another gorgeous day, until last Wednesday when I checked the weather and they showed 80% chance of thunderstorms all day Friday. Seriously??? Ugh! After, checking the calendar, it became clear that canceling the party was not an option. It was now or never. So, we moved the party indoors to our home, and his friends lovingly came out even in the pouring rain. :)


We had a dump truck theme.
Can you see how dark it was outside?... and this was taken in the middle of the day!




Evan was really looking forward to his "potty cake" (his party cake). In fact that's all he talked about when we told him that he was going to have a birthday party.




After cake, it was on to the pinata. Ben had to drill a hole in the the ceiling to make it work indoors - yeah, we were pretty committed to it happening.


The kids gave it their best shot, but there was no way they ever would have punctered the thing, so Ben had to break out the saw at the end.


CANDY!



Thanks guys for coming to my "Potty!"


7 comments:

Abby said...

What are the two kids on the end doing? Sketchy.. Verrrrrrry sketchy :P I'm glad you worked in a party! You're like a pregnant superhero :)

Anonymous said...

P had a blast- you did a great job!

Sarah Lock said...

WHAT is my daughter doing in this picute!?? I can't stop laughing! It looks like she's in a heavy lip lock! And she just met Noah that day! Agh! We'll have to have a talk. I hope Evan didn't see that- he might be hurt!

Amy said...

Wow! I didn't even catch that. Sorry Jenna to have picked such a compromising picture. :)

Courtney said...

It looks like such fun! I wish we could have been there, but this cold Chris' and I have been sharing with each other is NASTY and I'd hate for any of these cute kiddos or their moms to catch it!

Anonymous said...

That must have been one strong pinata to require a saw...and it was obviously a great party. I'm surprised you were able to tell about it so soon after:0 I'm impressed!
Gran

Kristin =) said...

Yeah for Evan! Glad you were able to get the party n before the baby comes=)

p.s. I've got a blog going if you'd like to take a look=)
www.callmecrazykunoff.blogspot.com