Saturday, November 1, 2008

Fall Fest Block Party!

Our neighborhood does it every year, but this year was especially fun because we rented a bouncer for the kids. Who doesn't love those things?!?

Now I have to admit that I have no creativity when it comes to costumes, so when Ben's parents brought back a hula skirt and lei from Hawaii for Elena, I jumped on the idea of using it for Halloween. But sadly, Evan was not so fortunate as to receive a costume as a random gift this year, so he went without. Once again, I find myself in a position to be nominated for the "Bad Mom Award." :)  Anyways, here are some pictures of last night.

Isn't she lovely?

We did that mummy wrap game thing.

Elena thought the idea of candy being distributed everywhere you turn was a pretty sweet deal.

Wonder-Woman calling Elena to come join her

Poor, poor, costume-less Evan. To add insult to injury, he had to hang out in the stroller most of the night since I was working the games and Ben had both of them. 

We'll make it up to you next year, buddy!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

you should have told me evan needed a costume. we had an extra lady bug princess outfit that would have perfect! ;)

Ashley said...

Claire did not have a costume either. She did wear a cute little Halloween shirt and socks, so at least she looked festive! She also rode around in her stroller. The idea of going door to door would be Claire darting into the street. I think the stroller was a safer bet...