Tuesday, October 28, 2008

What a Mess



I think you remember me boasting in my daughter's neatness; how she is pre-wired to clean and organize.  Well as of late, she has made  a liar out of me.

She's now making a huge mess during Room Time and has no motivation to clean it up.  

While it's frustrating, I've at least gotten a cute story out of it:

Yesterday I said, "Okay Elena, room time is over and you can come out when you put these toys back in the toy basket."

Well, you would have thought that I had asked her to pick up her bed and swing it over her head. She assumed a pitiful, defeated posture on the floor and whines, "HELP ME!!!" 

So to teach my two year old personal responsibility (are your eyes rolling? they are, aren't they) I replied, "Elena, who made this mess?"

She immediately sat up, smiled, and said, "GOD Did!"



That answer usually gets a good reaction when I ask about the moon, trees, and sun, so I guess she figured she might as well plug it in here. I love the two's!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its an oldie but a goodie...I believe Elena's strategy can be traced back to the Garden:)

Sarah said...

I hear ya Elena! God made a big mess in my house too!