Saturday, November 1, 2008

The Air Show

We went to the Air Show at Lackland AFB on Saturday morning.  We got to see some older planes up close, walk through some of the bigger ones, and watch some really fast ones fly over us.  Sorry, I don't know my planes - I have to use preschool words like big, old, fast, and yellow :)







When we settled in to watch the fly-overs I thought that I was prepared to tell Elena to cover her ears and to cover Evan's myself since we didn't bring ear plugs (Bad Mom Award!). But, my little system broke down on the very first pass and both kids started crying. Thankfully some nice people let us borrow these heavy duty ear muffs. Oh Evan, if you only knew how adorable you looked!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Evan's face is priceless!!!!!

Sarah said...

classic!

Anonymous said...

Sorry I didn't know you were going to an air show. I went to the Miramar Air Show near San Diego a month ago and had a great time, but I also showed up without ear plugs and the noise level during the jet fly-bys was way too extreme to submit your ears to without protection (held my hands over my ears through much of the show). A man sitting in front of me had his entire family there without ear protection, including a fairly new baby. What on earth was he thinking?!

The picture of Laney hanging from the trainer stabilizer is priceless (and very Laney).