Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Room Time and Nap Time

One of the biggest things we do around here is room time and nap time, so I figured I should get it on film. This is a time for Elena and Evan to play and sleep in their respective rooms. It's also time for me to have a little one on one time with Asher before his afternoon nap, and to enjoy some quiet!

Evan is not allowed off of his bed, and he really doesn't seem to mind. He plays with his cars before drifting off to sleep (although more and more he's not sleeping at all)



"Bwankets!" - he's gotta have those!

This little girl has really come a long way in being able to entertain herself. Unlike Evan, it doesn't come to her naturally. On good days she "reads" to herself, plays dress up, or cooks in her kitchen. On bad days she gets seriously bored; trashes her room, removes all of Elmo's stuffing, and pees in her toy box (not exaggerating)


It's a good day

5 comments:

Marty said...

Their rooms are more organized than mine!

czstout said...

Hey Amy,

This is Christy, Ben's old friend! It's so fun to see your kids growing up, and I love that she peed in the toybox....I guess mainly because I'm not the one who had to clean it up :) I can't imagine what I would do if our daughter did that!! YIKES

Y'alls kids are beautiful, and this was a fun post!!

The Hvass Family said...

LOL! LOL! both Paul and I are sitting here laughing at Elena...seriously?!? peeing in the toy box?! wow! i do NOT look forward to when Hannah tries something like that....

Sarah said...

i'll take peeing in the toy box over what jenna did to her walls and carpet! ;)

mark said...

I think you're wise to have the room time. Not much in our culture these days encourages kids to be quiet and reflective or to learn to entertain themselves, but all these things are desirable qualities.