Saturday, August 29, 2009

What a Difference a Week Makes

Well, I'm pooped so I'm going to keep this short. 

It looks like we're moving! (An in-town move)

Last Thursday night we found a house online that we loved and thought would be a good long term fit for our family.  We viewed it on Friday and followed up with an offer. The offer was negotiated back and forth until it was finalized Monday night. We then began blitzing to get our home ready to go on the market; CLEANING, landscaping, painting outside trim and bathroom cabinets, washing baseboards, re-grouting, re-caulking, replacing busted doors in bathrooms :)...etc. Our house hit the market yesterday. We had 3 showings Friday (two by the same person), 6 today, and we've received two offers as of tonight! 

I just don't have the energy at the moment to go into the reasons, emotions, and answered prayers surrounding this change, but I will say that God is good. 

And now, I'm off to bed. 

9 comments:

Scott and Jessica Shobe said...

That is so awesome! When we moved here, our house in Sugar Land sold the first day it was listed. It makes things so much easier. I guess all the new things you did to your house paid off. Where are you moving to?

Robert and Heidi Stevener said...

Yeah!!!! I am so happy for you guys and just know that this is all God's doing and preparing the way for a less stressful move! I knew your house would sell fast! I LOVE your house and LOVE your new house even better! Can't wait and please let me know if there is anything we can do to help!

nate and liz said...

Wow! You guys our doing it Nate and Liz style ;) So cool! Can't wait to see the new pad! xoxox

Abby said...

Aw, I think you should have left the busted door.... not only is it a great conversation piece for potential buyers, but it serves as a fantastic cautionary tale ;-)

Kurt and Meg said...

Amy, Praise God! I am sooo happy that you have offers. All that work paid off...Can't wait to see your new house! Love ya, MEG

Anonymous said...

What a surprise...to me anyway! Does this have anything to do with the snakes in the neighborhood??? Can't believe you sold your house so quickly...that cerainly makes it easier. Not easy, however!
Gran

Lindsey said...

Praise the Lord for selling your house so fast! I can't wait to see the new place - definitely let Stan and I know when you are moving and if you need some help. One of the perks of working in youth ministry...free movers ;). We can get a group together to load and unload - just let us know!

The Goods said...

so happy for you guys! Can't believe that all happened in one week - the Lord is worthy and deserving of this praise!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I am so happy that everything is working out so smoothly for you guys. What an amazing blessing, and it defintly shows your hard work paid off. enjoy your new house!
-Olivia