Monday, July 4, 2011

Ten at the End - Two Weeks Worth

June 19th - July 2nd



1) So after our busy week of VBS, Elena (just Elena) did yet another week at a nearby church. It was nice for her to have something to keep her busy

2) I mentioned previously that we discovered our church's library. And now on top of that, we are LOVING the new public library built near us (Parman). I think we've gone about 6 times in the past two weeks! Going so often is pretty self-serving. Having new books in the home keep my kids busy and out of trouble.

3) On June 26th, Ben and I celebrated our 7th anniversary! We were able to celebrate the day before at... Schlitterbahn! My parents kept Elena and Asher. And our friends, the Kadanes, kept Evan. So it was just the two of us running around the park, having a ball. We finished up the day with dinner at The Gristmill in Gruene. A perfect day... well almost (see the following).

4) The only things Ben and I brought into the park were Ben's van key, credit card, and drivers license. He had put them in a plastic baggie and place it in his back pocket. Well I think you know where this is headed... mid-day Ben realized the bag was gone! Long story short, someone turned it in, and we were rescued from a VERY inconvenient situation.

5) We had a family movie night and watched, "How to Train Your Dragon" The kids are now on a knight/dragon/viking kick; even Asher!

6) Ben attended the Texas League All-Star Game with his work buddies. While there, he pursued a life-long dream and ran out onto the field. He followed the line of kids privileged to run the bases during the 7th inning stretch. Yep, I'm not making this up.

7) We got a new table for our breakfast room and I. love. it! It's a gorgeous antique round table with turned legs. I have some "wild-for-me" E-bay chairs coming our way too. We were able to sell our old table and chairs quickly on Craigslist which means the total cost for the change will be pretty small.

8) Asher has started refusing to go down for his nap unless everyone present in our home says "Goodnight!" and blows a kiss.

9) We attended the Magik Theater's production of "If You Give a Pig a Party" at (where else!) Parman Library! Seating is limited so getting a ticket was pretty competitive (they ran out in 20 minutes!)

10) Elena is starting to swim independently! She certainly needs a lot of supervision because she quickly gets stuck when coming up for air, but I'm so proud of her progress!






2 comments:

Abby said...

I wish I could have been there to see Ben run the bases with a bunch of kids.... well, I'd want to be there but not have anyone know that I knew him :)

mark said...

Love the 10 at the end Amy. Thanks for the posts.