Saturday, July 23, 2011

Ten at the End - July 10th-23rd

1) The week of July 10th was marked by Evan coming down with a really bad stomach bug. I had planned that week chock-full of fun stuff to do, but one by one, every event had to be cancelled. I kept expecting him to turn a corner, but by Thursday night he still was unable to eat, and I began to be concerned about dehydration. So Friday we headed to the doctor. We got a prescription for anti-nausea medicine, and that made all the difference. He began eating and drinking considerably more than he had, and acted more like himself!

2) Since he turned the corner Friday morning, we decided to press on with the original plan to drive to Houston to see family and celebrate my nephew's birthday!

3) For the trip we graduated Asher to the next sized car-seat, and let him sit facing forwards. He was thrilled with the new view. For the first 30 minutes of the trip he couldn't stop swinging his legs, squealing "whee!", and pointing to me (who he could now see) and yelling, "Mommy!!"

4) Ben and I love to "quote Asher" to each other. He has such a funny way of saying, "Nigh-nigh", "Bye", and "Yeah." He says all of them in a Yoda-meets-German-accent which is hilarious coming from such a little guy.

5) Elena is pressing on in her piano book. She's right in the middle of the book and needed some motivation to keep going, so I took her shopping and she picked out a Poly Pocket toy that she can get as a reward when she finishes the book.

6) On that same toy-trip, I got Evan an Iron-man toy. I told him he could earn his by finishing HIS school book (some letter pages from a preschool workbook). He played and played with the box... we're talking hours!

7) I finished off these two weeks with three photo sessions on Saturday! Whew! It was a little much, but I survived!

8) And now...

9) I'm completely...

10) Out of stories!

No comments: