Saturday, July 9, 2011

Ten at the End - July 3rd-9th


1) Evan has two speeds of talking; very slow and very fast. But one thing is consistent; it's almost impossible to understand him. One day he was eating lunch at the table and he threw a rapid mumble my way. Thinking he's asking for more of something I said:

"What was that, Evan?"

He repeated the exact same way.

"Evan I can't understand you, what?"

He then yelled slowly, "I SAID, MY FAVORITE LETTER IS 'R', MY FAVORITE SHAPE IS A CIRCLE AND MY FAVORITE NUMBER IS 3!"

Ooooh. So completely out of the blue, but that's the way Evan is; which is reason #237 that we find him so adorable.

2) We've got a new light over the new-to-us breakfast table. The light was an e-bay steal! And I love the industrial (or is it nautical?) look. Once I get the e-bay chairs, I'll post a picture.

3) I have been coughing for a solid 4 weeks. Don't try and steam wrinkles out of a weird smelling drop cloth made in Pakistan, could cause respiratory troubles.

4) This past Sunday I went to the July Bible study for Wayside's high schoolers. It was good to see a lot of the girls from my small group. Many of them had just gotten back from a mission trip to The Potter's House in Guatemala, and had great stories to tell. I can't believe these girls are going into their junior year!

5) We watched "Beethoven" (90's movie about a St Bernard) as a family, and it really made an impression on Asher. Afterwards he crawled around and sat at our feet panting.

6) On the 4th we celebrated with our ABF and some friends nearby. We had a great time, but not a single picture was taken.

7) Elena has been on a "Netflix at Night" kick. We don't get cable channels, just Netflix; and Elena is perfectly capable of turning everything on and pulling up her shows. The problem is she does this at 2 or 3am. Ben and I have to remember to bring down the remote and hide it in our room, otherwise she will be up for a couple of hours watching "Angelina Ballerina" or some weird British claymation. Oh that girl!

8) Our playgroup headed to Artworks this week. Artworks is an art studio for little ones. Kids get to go through a dozen stations making all sorts of painted creations. It was an intense hour for the moms as they supervised their unpredictable paint-flinging toddlers. But we came home with some great art for our walls.

9) When your child sits on Laffy Taffy, it's a booger to get out.

10) It's been a pretty slow week. Lovin' summer!


4 comments:

Abby said...

I'm definitely curious to see an industrial/nautical light fixture ;-)

Anonymous said...

I tried to to leave a comment on Facebook, but it wouldn't cooperate.
I do enjoy reading your blogs... wherever I find them:) You have interesting children!
GG

mark said...

As usual, I love the kid stories. Lanie continues to know what she wants and how to get it. I'm sure she'll be easier to manage when she hits her teenage years. It's handy that Asher seems to be volunteering to be the family pet; saves a lot of fuss. Promise me you won't crate him.

Marty said...

That Evan is categorizer