Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Bright Hope 5K


I'm so excited to say that some friends and I will be running a local 5K benefitting the organization, Bright Hope International. Here's a description of the organization taken from their website: http://www.brighthope.org/why_brighthope/difference.php

Bright Hope works to provide holistic help to the extreme poor through the indigenous church delivering basic needs including:

  • Physical: food, clothing, shelter, medicine and education.
  • Economic: micro-loans and job training to produce a product for fair trade.
  • Spiritual: poverty is not just a physical or economic condition. There are emotional, psychological, and relational wounds from living in poverty that only Christ can bring healing to.

If you'd like to donate to the organization I have a fundraising page here - http://www.firstgiving.com/AmyElkins

1 comment:

The Hvass Family said...

how FUN!!!! I wish I could run with ya'll SO MUCH! but we are planning to be out of town that weekend....bummer. I'm excited for you! you'll do great!