Monday, September 7, 2009

26 Weeks - And the name is...

Asher Martin Elkins
(We loved the name Asher and Martin is my dad's name)


Wow, this pregnancy is going by extremely fast!  Just one more week and I'll be in my last trimester... Yikes!  While I might be caught off guard by the rapidly approaching due date, it can not come soon enough for Elena. She is thrilled to see my booming belly, and reminds me as she pats it gently that it's getting "bigger and BIGGER"! She loves to tell everyone that she is "going to have a BABY!"... and then she leaves it at that. :) And lastly, she's been showering Asher with gifts like this beautiful picture,

(front)

(back)

(Nothing melts my heart quite as much as preschool script!)



Other than the above there's not much to "document" about this pregnancy except for the fact that Asher is quite the kicker. Starting at 20 weeks he was kicking hard enough for Ben to feel it. And these days he is either asleep or noticeably awake. 

6 comments:

The Shepard Girls said...

So excited for you! Love, love, love the name!

Robert and Heidi Stevener said...

Yeah!! I love the name and can't wait to meet another little Elkin!!!

The Goods said...

Asher is SUCH a great name!

Kristin said...

Love the name! Glad to hear that you feel like your pregnancy is going by fats. HOpe you have a great week!

mark said...

I'm happy for your family.

Marty said...

Asher wants to play baseball AND SOCCER