Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Friendships

I have been abundantly blessed to have wonderful friends placed in my life. Some of them are extremely dear to me, especially because of how far back they go. 

I met Anna my first Sunday after moving to San Antonio (my 8th grade yr). I still remember what she was wearing --- a wrap-around skirt with colored socks and birkenstock sandals - classy! My outfit was not much better. We both were new to San Antonio, so we bonded immediately over our poor since of fashion... and the fact that we knew nobody else. 

I met Michelle a couple of years later. She gets credit for teaching me how and convincing me to use a hair-dryer. Michelle was the party organizer and she kept my social life filled to the brim in high-school. 

I met Liz back in Jr. High choir. The choir director told her to go talk to me because I obviously "needed a friend".  Liz thought I was weird, plain and simple, but I won her over! :-) She really helped me come out of my shell and taught me how to have a good time. This girl can laugh in any situation!

The best part of these friendships is that they all encouraged me to pursue the Lord. What a blessing to have growing up! There were other friendships as well that have been extremely influential, but I name these three for a reason. 

When Ben and I first moved to San Antonio two years ago all three of these girls were still here, married with new last names, but still my buddies. Anna and Will quickly moved to Cincinnati. Michelle and Frank moved to Austin recently. And Liz and Nate are moving to the D.C. today (which inspired me to write this today)! 

Liz, here are some pictures to bring back memories!





And here we are today... wait a minute! AGH!!! I have crow's feet! I'm officially old!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I am so blessed by you.

sullyssite said...

Missing my sweet jelly already... sniff sniff... but as long as the sun and moon endure we shall always be kindred spirits bound by love.
Thanks for the card!

Tomorrow we arrive in Herndon -whew!
~liz