Thursday, June 17, 2010

Elena Knows Her Savior

Last night Elena prayed with Ben and I to receive God's gift of forgiveness. It was late, we had already put her to bed, but I heard her doing something in her room that is not allowed, so up the stairs I went to discipline her. As I'm putting her back in bed she began talking about sin, and the things she has done that are sin. That right there was an answer to prayer! She knew the story of Jesus, but had never shown us that she understood her need for forgiveness. But as we talked she began showing a very contrite spirit. Long story short, Ben and I went over the gospel with her and she told us she was ready to tell God that she was sorry for her sin and to thank Him for giving Jesus to take her punishment.

I know Elena was impacted from hearing the Gospel presented at VBS that day. In fact when I was asking her questions about sin, I said, "Elena who has sinned?" And she replied, "Well, Captain Amy says ALL have sinned!" (The preschool assembly was led by four women who were the "Captains" for the week, and three of them are named, Amy)

This is an answer to many prayers prayed by many that love Elena. Thank you, Jesus!



1 comment:

otK said...

This is so sweet. God bless Elena and May she grow up to become a great lady. I teach children's church(well, used to)
and this post was so emotional for me.