Tuesday, June 10, 2008

New Floors

Over the last couple of weeks we had work done on our floors.  And when I say work, I mean the kind that really disrupts your routine.

The first week a tile crew came, tore out the old tile in our kitchen and entry-way and then put down new tile. I couldn't be in the house during this process so the kids and I moved in with my folks (thanks Mom and Dad!). The second week a wood crew came out, pulled up the carpet, and laid wood flooring down in the living room/study area. Both processes released amazing amounts of dust into the air. I have doubts that our house will ever be clean again. 

I really love the way it turned out, BUT I have to confess that I had a moment back when the new tile was being laid where I kinda panicked. I hated it! You can imagine what a horrible feeling that is. But thankfully, I liked it a little more when they put in the grout, more when the laid the wood next to it, and a whole lot more when they put the baseboards up. Whew!

This was taken as they were working in the living room, hence the furniture in the kitchen, but it's the best picture I have of the tile.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Evan seems obsessed with the design. Oh that's right, he's kind of stuck. But now I know he can roll away.

Anonymous said...

They look AMAZING! I can't wait to see them in person!

Kristin said...

I love all of the projects you have done around your house lately. Lookin' Good!

Cherie said...

Your house is looking beautiful! So glad for the pictures since we live so far away. Its great to get a glimpse into life at the Elkins' home :O)