Saturday, April 5, 2008

Foot-Loose and Paci-Free


The time had come…and gone, but I’m proud to say we finally said good-bye to the pacifier.

Yesterday we brought Elena outside, tied the paci to 5 helium-filled balloons, and said good-bye as we let go. It was bitter sweet; Mom an Dad were grinning from ear to ear, and Elena was crying. I expected a grieving period of about a week, but I don’t think it’s going to be a problem. The first thing she said to me this morning with a huge smile on her face was “Paci! Fwy! Die!”

Translation: “Paci! Flies! In the Sky!”

6 comments:

Kristin said...

What a great idea~ Love the pictures below as well.
Hope you are having a great weekend!

Stephanie said...

HI!!!! I'm so glad to see you've graced the blogosphere with your presence! I'll be tuning in regularly...

I suppose now that you have your own to keep up with, you won't spend as much time on mine? (sniff, sniff) ;)

Anonymous said...

Wow you did it. Somebody's really going to get a surprise.

I am back and thanks for letting me know about this. I was at the movies with Greg Hoyt last night. Fun!

Queen of the house! said...

Girl...I can't believe it! Yes amazing thing ths interent! So fun to hear from you...PLEASE email me

www.ashleton4boys@hotmail.com

I really want to catch up!!!

Unknown said...

What a cute way to get rid of the paci! I have never heard of that but will definitely be sharing that idea! That beats me throwing it in the trash and constantly hearing about how "Mama frew it awayyyyyyy!"

Abby said...

Something tells me Evan may still have to guard his paci stash quite carefully for the next couple of weeks :)