Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Eating is Highly Overrated

I have spent the last hour going back and forth between allrecipes.com, a cooking magazine, and my shopping list trying to figure out what we are going to eat over the next week. I've come to the realization that I really hate menu planning.  For starters, I'm indecisive on what to make.  Then, when I do make a decision, I have to filter it through the question, "would Ben like it?" (that knocks out about 40% of my choices).  Next, there's the figuring out what I need from the store. Once I make my list, the length of it starts spinning "$" in my head and I'm back to searching for new recipes with budget friendly ingredients, and the cycle begins again. 

If I had it my way we would eat cereal for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. :-)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suppose at this point there is not much value in suggesting my own personal life solution to your problem (marry someone who can cook and delegate this job). This leaves me with option 2 - peanut butter and jelly sandwiches (you can't eat cereal for every meal - it's not a balanced diet).

Abby said...

Oh, but it can be! Just make sure it isn't the SAME cereal for every meal. Oh, and top it with some protein every once and a while.... Evan is wasting away :P