Friday, May 6, 2011

Soccer Spectacularness!

Wow, it is amazing what a shiny brass medal can do for a child's morale! This past week in soccer each member of Evan's team got a medal for... I guess being cute? It was either that or for spinning around in circles until you fall down... I forget, I'll check the inscription. ;)




Coincidentally, Elena was chosen from her team to get the medal this week. She has been very timid about attempting a kick since her first game, but showed a lot of effort this week, so a medal was awarded. Yay!!!



While I am proud of the efforts they have shown this season, the thing I am still beaming about is what I overheard Elena say to Evan when he walked over with his medal (and this was before she was awarded hers.) She exclaimed, "Oh Evan, I love your medal! Good Job! I'm so proud of you!!!!"

Ahhhhh, I've been replaying this moment over and over... especially when I'm sending them to their rooms for fighting.

3 comments:

Abby said...

Haha, you have to cling to the good stuff :) Micah and Lizzie fight CONSTANTLY now... The once a week they are sweet to each other has to last me awhile :P

mark said...

Perhaps their dad can teach them the hook-slide tackle soon. This brought his mom and me hours of enjoyment when he learned it on his own.

Anonymous said...

I think it could very well be for the cuteness:)
GG