Saturday, December 4, 2010

The Elkins' Family Tree

Early this week we loaded up the kids and the bungee cords to go get ourselves a tree. The weather was pretty chilly, which I really appreciate when doing something related to Christmas. We looked for the absolute tallest tree we could find in our price bracket, and found a great one. It was probably a foot taller than it's peers. Score!

Then came the fun part of decorating it. I felt like I was racing the kids; first to find the breakable ornaments before they did, and secondly I was trying to get as many as I could on the tree before they all ended up in one large clump.

It was a very merry time!




"Hey, this one has my name on it!"


The first of many attempts to get to those ornaments


This is the tree nearing completion:
These ornaments are not waiting to be hung; believe it or not, they're on the tree.


... and apparently this was Elena's favorite branch.


1 comment:

mark said...

You can always do some minor rearranging when they're sleeping.