Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Checking Things Off

Between the past two weekends I tackled some projects that have been bugging me.

The first project was to organize the school supply closet. For not actually having any school aged children, we have A LOT of stuff! I am a sucker for educational supplies and have been buying them since Elena was born. On top of that, we were just blessed by a family giving us their used kindergarten supplies, so it was time to get a system in place.

Hmm, I feel like diaper boxes lack some of the aesthetic qualities of other storage systems available. :)




And the other project was removing the border in our master bathroom and then painting it. We got our bedroom looking the way I wanted it shortly after moving in, but didn't even touch the bathroom. I think we were waiting to tackle it until we were prepared to pay for the wall to be textured (needed once the border was removed).

But we decided it was better to have freshly painted walls, with no border, and mismatched texture, than the current state.

Good-bye floral wrapping paper! I don't have a picture, but I'm very happy with the result!


1 comment:

mark said...

Your diaper box storage closet made my day.