Thursday, October 22, 2009

Whew - We Made It!

We are officially in the new house!

We closed on the new house last Friday and immediately started moving in by taking little loads over in our mini van.

Saturday was the big moving day involving a U-haul and a LOT of help from family and friends. We have been so blessed by the generosity of others through this process. The crew helping had the job done after just two trips and four hours! The kids and I stayed out of the way by going out with Abby and Micah (sis-in-law and nephew). With all the furniture including beds being moved that day, we began sleeping and "living" in the new house that night.

Sunday - Wednesday were spent squeezing in more small loads and cleaning the old house; meanwhile trying to balance participating in the world that was still going on around us.

Today was the first day where it became all about getting settled here, and boy do we have a long way to go! I mean seriously, the house is a wreck!


The proof...






But, "What's this?" you ask? This my friends is the light at the end of the tunnel. One of my top priorities after a move is finding a home for and organizing my spices. After that's done, the rest of the kitchen seems to fall into place, and then the entire house follows suit... really it's a magical process... at least in "Amy's World". So this was my project for today.

Ahhh, so lovely. I think I'll just stick my head in this cabinet when I get stressed out about the rest of the house. :)



8 comments:

Susan said...

That's how I feel about my kitchen in general after a move...be thankful you're not having to unwrap E A C H I N D V I D U A L kitchen item this move!

Kristin =) said...

I understand completely! When I move, I keep my sanity by organizing a little-bitty space and keep going back to that space whenever I am overwhelmed!

Scott and Jessica Shobe said...

Wow, have fun! Really if you need me to watch the kids one day next week for a few hours to get things done, let me know.

Abby said...

As someone who has been in the new house since the move, I have to say that the whole house doesn't look THAT cluttered... you've done an awesome job and have many rooms under control. I have no doubt that you'll be hustling your pregnant belly around like crazy and have things in their place in no time :)

Michelle said...

I can't wait to see the new house. Knowing you, it won't take long to get it all together. Love you guys.

Ashley said...

I hate moving. There are no words to express my loathing of it. It is an organized person's nightmare. Nevertheless, you have a home you love and a nice spice cabinet. All is right with the world! And at least the unpacking seems easier than the packing, right?

nate and liz said...

Preach it sister! You know I understand! Moving with little ones can be a nightmare... :) glad you had lots of help! Can't wait to see more of the house! ~liz

The Shepard Girls said...

Wow! In all my moves, I've never heard of the "spice" technique. It sounds fabulous and I will definitely try that out next time.