Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I Did It! I Sewed!

I Sew! I'm a Sewer!... I just let the machine do the work... that's my secret.



Part of the plan for Elena's new bedroom decor was to convert our old queen sized duvet cover into a twin sized one for her bed. All we're talking about here is putting a seam down one side of the cover, but it had me pretty intimidated. I've had serious disagreements with my sewing machine in the past, but last night I mustered the courage needed, sat down... and... I did it! I'm pleased as punch.

Here is a peak of the things to go on Elena's bed in the new house. Sorry, I was too lazy to arrange things nicely. The duvet cover is the light blue fabric.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE it!! I can't wait to hear what all you have planned for each of the rooms!!

Abby said...

Dude, any sewing is amazing to me. No matter how much I craft, sewing still scares the living daylights out of me. All that to say, way to go! I'm proud of you!

Courtney said...

Go Amy - I had no idea you even owned a machine let alone used it! But really all sewing is is letting the machine do the work. :-)

mark said...

Nice job and tie-in to "What About Bob".

Lindsey said...

Way to go Amy! I, too am terrified of sewing, but really, really want to learn. I am considering asking for a machine for Christmas. You are inspiring me :).