Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Sweet Dreams

I woke up this morning by Elena shaking me saying, "Mommy, I need my rocking chair.  You know, Cinderella's rocking chair? I need to get in my closet. I need my chair in my closet... Cinderella's chair...pleeeease."

I was pretty groggy for most of that, but as I woke up, I realized, "We don't have a 'Cinderella rocking chair'... There isn't a chair of any sort in her tiny closet." So I came to the assumption that she must have experienced a very vivid dream. Of course there was no convincing her of that, so to the closet we went.

It was so sweet seeing her look for that chair in her closet. She opened drawers, moved books around; she was convinced it was there. Thankfully she's at the "I'm 3 and easily distracted" age, so she found some play dough and was perfectly happy pulling that out of the closet instead. :)

I guess it's kinda neat getting a peak into what your child is dreaming about, even if it is completely random.

No comments: