Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Backyard Update

Here are some more changes going on in the backyard - 

 First we added a large stone as a step down from the patio. By the way, that stone weighs 300lbs... it was interesting getting it back there! Also, I've got about half the plants in the ground around the perimeter of the patio. 



We purchased a tree, to give us MUCH needed shade in the afternoons! This is the view from the house. It's a Monterrey Oak for those who might be curious. 


And this is the view of everything together. (Taken from one side of the backyard.)



8 comments:

Kurt and Meg said...

Beautiful! I am so proud of all your hard work!

mark said...

Wow, that's a big improvement!

Michelle said...

Looks awesome my friend!

Gardiner Family said...

Very impressive! It looks so inviting!

Susan said...

The tree is beautiful! Great choice. Do I spy plumbago?

Amy said...

YES that is plumbago! I was thinking that while you're here we should go to the Japanese Tea Gardens. I was there briefly today and they have a ton of plumbago, and of course other beautiful plants too.

Ashley said...

Oh, so pretty!!!

Robert and Heidi Stevener said...

Wow! You're backyard looks amazing! I am super impressed! You guys did an awesome job and it looks beautiful!