Wednesday, April 8, 2009

18 Months


Evan turned 18 months today! I always double and triple check my counting at this point in the game because it's so easy to lose track, but yes, I do believe today is the day. :) We just love, love, love seeing the new things he does on a daily basis!

- As I think I've mentioned before, he loves cars -- cars, trucks, scooters... anything with wheels. I dropped him off at the church nursery yesterday and they had brought in extra toy trucks just for him! His reputation truly proceeds him. 

- He yells enthusiastically in the car when we go over a bump, "Wooooah! Weeeeee!" or when we pull out of red light, "Go, Go, Go!!!" (I swear I'm not a crazy driver... but I'm sure he'd have more fun if I was.)

- He loves to point and label pictures in his books. Some of the stronger pictures are flower, fish, shoes, car, rubber-duckie and ball.

- He and Elena are developing more of a friendship... still lots of fights... but they seem to really enjoy each other's company. Elena's figured out how to call him over for a hug, and like an obedient puppy dog he obeys!

- We have a plastic slide that he likes to go down... on his back... head first. He saw big sister do it and had to do it too.

- I sing, "This Old Man" and bounce him a little just before I put him in his crib for the night. He could be wiggling to get out of my arms or crying to go back out of his room to play, but as soon as I start singing he puts his head on my should and is completely still. Sigh... please tell me this won't change anytime soon. 

love you, Buddy!

2 comments:

nate and liz said...

Hey! Cute stuff!
Yes you have to go to FB to watch video, because I can't seem to get more than 10 sec. on my blog.
Love you! ~liz

Anonymous said...

He looks so old in that picture!! Can't believe it has been 18 months! They look like they are having fun in those sprinklers!