Monday, August 2, 2010

Our Proverbial Daughter


How long will you lie there, you sluggard? When will you get up from your sleep? - Proverbs 6:9


So last night Elena came into our room saying something... I don't really remember what... and I told her to go back to bed; I immediately fell back to sleep. I had completely forgotten about the incident until I walked out of our room this morning (she was still asleep) and saw a trail of sorts left by my darling daughter who apparently did not go back to bed, but instead had herself a little party. I started cleaning things up but as I came across more and more signs of Elena's tampering, I decided to stop cleaning and start taking pictures.

The "childproof cabinet" that has beads, messy crafts, and playdoh


She played with her dough; in the kitchen and in the living room... crumbs don't lie.


A tin with beads and pipe cleaners. There was a trail of beads going up the stairs.



Little Care Bear Stamps, figured out what she did with those later.


This was Evan's party favor from Saturday. He had painted it (but just slightly) with a little yellow paint. She finished the job with a red crayon and then jammed the crayon into the hole.


More party favors - CANDY!!! Wrappers are everywhere.


And when I went into check on my worn out little girl this a.m. this ring pop wrapper was at her door and...


...the half eaten pop that I guess was used to sooth her back to sleep on her nightstand.


And here she is; now awake with cheeks and feet adorned by little stamps.

4 comments:

Ben said...

I thought about cleaning this stuff up before I left this morning, but I thought Amy would get a kick out of it so I left it sitting around for her to discover. Glad I did! Great post Amy!

mark said...

Looks like you and Ben have your work cut out for you.

Cherie said...

Wow! The stuff Elena does could definitely fuel a stand up routine. Way to have a sense of humor,Ben and Amy!

Anonymous said...

I think she's already way ahead!
Gran